Quantcast

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Century

This morning I headed out for what I expected to be a 60-70 mile-ride and ended up a full 103 miles with over 9,000 feet of climbing...amazingly I made it. The weather changed from about 50 to 70 to 50 to 70, foggy, sunny, foggy, sunny over and over and over. Zip up the vest, loose the vest/arm warmers/wool gloves, put back on the vest/arm warmers/wool gloves - repeat many times. The ride truly was "Epic" (hate to say that) and it was tough.

The northern-most point, Tomales Bay, is shark infested, an oyster haven and the San Andreas fault separates Point Reyes Peninsula from Marin County...Point Reyes moves 3-4 centimeters to the north every year because of this.

The ride back south along the coast was amazing...words can't describe it, you'll have to ride it!


2 comments:

A dad said...

A, great job. You're the man!

ADIG said...

Thanks "aguy". Though, I'm not the man because I was dropped like a flatlander on many of the climbs!...just posting the ride because the riding here is amazing and nothing I'm used to.